Welcome on the official 'Discussion group Separation methods for Polymers' (DSP)-site. The DSP is an active subdivision of the Section Analytical Chemistry (SAC) resorting under the Royal Netherlands Chemical Society (Koninklijke Nederlandse Chemische Vereniging, KNCV). The DSP (formerly: GPC Users-group) focuses on the separation and characterization of synthetic polymers and biopolymers. The DSP aims at providing a platform for scientist to interact and share experiences and to discuss new developments.
Separation methods discussed include:
- size-exclusion chromatography (SEC/GPC)
- polymer separaton on polarity (RP-GPEC)
- functional group distribution (NP-GPEC)
- end-groups (CCC)
- hydrodynamic chromatography (HDC)
- field-flow fractionation (FFF)
- multidimensional chromatography
Coupling of separation methods to high-end techniques such as:
- mass spectrometry (MS)
- infrared (IR)
- nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) spectroscopy
Twice a year a meeting is organized, where members present their research and share the difficulties in polymer separation.
The fall meeting of the Discussion Group on Separation methods for Polymers (DSP) will be held on Thursday October 14, 2021.
See “next meeting” for the program and how to register.